The increase in the exemption is set to lapse after 2025. However, the Treasury Department and the IRS issued “grandfather” regulations in 2019 allowing the increased exemption to apply to gifts made while it was in effect, if Congress lowers the exemption after those gifts.
- Common Pitfalls in Family-Owned Businesses September 20, 2021
- What You Need to Know about ADA Website Compliance August 12, 2021
- When can Family Members Make Medical Decisions? June 30, 2021
- Do I Need an Estate Plan If I’m Not Married? June 29, 2021
- Can I Retain Some Assets and Still Be Eligible for Medicaid? June 28, 2021