Motherhood is hard work: moms love, protect, nurture, support, kiss boo-boos, give hugs, wipe noses…you get the idea. Moms do it all. Don’t forget to show your gratitude for the women in your life that are there for you and love you through it all.
Maternal instincts don’t have an off button. It means spending time and energy to care for others, often not taking time for themselves. Sometimes a shower and a clean shirt are luxuries to mothers out there. Motherhood means worrying about your children, whether they are 2 or 62. Sometimes motherhood is realizing what your own parents sacrificed and returning the favor and helping them in their senior years. So celebrate all the women in your life that give love and support, even if they don’t fit the conventional “mom” mold: sisters, friends, grandmothers, mentors, even fathers and brothers often step in to mother when needed.
Still don’t have a gift? This year, say thank you by simply giving a little pampered R&R or the gift of quality time. Here’s some ideas for the last-minute planner:
- Surprise mom by cleaning the house, or doing the dishes
- Do brunch!
- Give a hug and a chat – in person or, if distance separates you, by phone
- Gift card your style? – Spa, hair salon, coffee shop, and fav restaurant are good picks
- Just say Thank You!
- Get Active – go bowling or take a walk as a family
- Not sure what to do – provide the essentials and quiet time for a good old nap
- Get your family planning done and offer mom (or wife, sister, daughter or son) peace of mind
Legacy Law Firm was founded by two hard working women and mothers, and we understand the importance of family and the desire to protect and to plan for your family, whether it be soccer practice, making supper or doing your legal life planning. We are inspired by the families we meet every day and it’s our honor to help them plan for the future. What can legal planning do for you and your family?
- Name a guardian for your minor children in a Last Will and Testament;
- Protect family assets through a Trust;
- Protect grown children from creditors or divorces through inheritance protection;
- Worried about the cost of nursing home care? Plan in advance to protect your assets in the event you or a loved one requires long-term care
- Is mom receiving care in-home or at a nursing home? Set up a Care Agreement for you or siblings
- Encourage a mother or a child to follow their entrepreneurial dreams through business planning
- And more!
Do Mother’s Day right by encouraging the special ladies in your life to get their planning in order to live their dreams and plan for the future. Look beyond this one day in May, and let a legal plan express your love for years to come. Legacy Law Firm wants to wish all the moms out there a very special and happy Mother’s Day. We understand the hard work you do and we salute you. Thank you for all you do!
Special Note from Legacy Law Firm, P.C. Founder and Attorney, Bobbi Thury:
As a mother of four children ages five and under, time has never been so precious. Late nights and early mornings blur together but when I get a flash of my baby smiling at me, even if he is sound asleep and has no idea what he is doing, that smile penetrates my heart and is sunshine for my soul. I never realized the depth of love until having children. As an estate planning attorney, if there is one thing I’m very cognizant of, it’s that time is our most precious commodity. Whether you are a new mom or a great grandma, your love, wisdom and presence make the world a better place. But just like any other passion or moment, you need to seize opportunities. Be purposeful with your time and enjoy the laughter, the sunlight and even the tears. Life is precious.
The other thing I have learned is that there is truth to that mother grizzly bear saying. Protecting our children and helping them chase after their own dreams and live their own life is innate. As mothers, we also should take the step to protect our children and family even if we can’t be here. When we meet with families and discuss their estate planning, every single person on our team knows that this isn’t just an estate plan that we are working on – we are helping protect and safeguard a family.
If you are interested in learning how we can assist you and your family with estate planning, elder law or business planning, please contact Legacy Law Firm, P.C. at (605) 275-5665 to schedule a free consultation today