Elder Care Coordinator
As the Elder Care Coordinator, I have the privilege of helping and advocating for our elderly clients in order for them to achieve the highest quality of life. Providing guidance to help coordinate transitions for care at home, nursing homes, and assisted living is my calling. I also help prepare and guide our clients through the Medicaid application process. I am here to help through the long-term care journey!
I am a licensed Social Worker in the state of South Dakota and received a BA in Social Work from the University of South Dakota in 1993. I have 20 years of experience as the Director of Social Services in a Nursing Home/Healthcare setting. Over the years I have seen how devastating the costs can be on families who don’t properly plan, both financially and emotionally. I am excited to work with you and your family to discuss your needs and help develop a care plan that achieves your goals.
- I admire my mother the most. Zeta Overgard, was a beautiful Christian women, who was selfless, talented, driven and above all compassionate and loving toward everyone.
- Little known facts about me? I have 37 first cousins.
- When I am not spending time with my Legacy Family, I enjoy going out to eat/spending time with my husband Reed and watching my 3 kids (Abby, Emma, Gavin) in all their sporting events.
- Quirky Habits? I love to make lists and check things off of it
- Some of my favorites are:
- Food – Surf & Turf
- Movie – Step Daddy
- Book – The Bible
- Song – Trust In You by Lauren Daigle
- Place – Anywhere warm, with a white sandy beach.