To continue providing superior client service, we are looking to add a Client Services Director to join our Legacy team at our growing practice. We could have run a boring old “Office Admin” type of ad, but we’re not looking for just an “Office Admin.” That’s not how we do things here.
We’re looking for our next “Rock-Star Team Member” – someone who has a service-oriented frame of mind even before they’ve had their coffee; someone who enjoys learning something new every day, but also can manage the routine work that must be done to keep our matters moving forward; and someone who is motivated by their desire do the highest quality work. We are highly selective and protective of our team, so candidates must reflect high ethical standards and embrace the philosophy that there is no “I” in “Team.”
Who are we?
We are a boutique law firm that helps people through estate planning, business planning and elder law planning. We are based in Sioux Falls and our office is located near 85th and Western Avenue. We truly enjoy helping people and enjoy coming to work.
We have a fast-paced practice and don’t have “slow days.” Our firm is well-established and growing. We attribute our excellent reputation and our growth to our great client service and dedicated, loyal teamwork. We put a great deal of emphasis on both of those principles within our office in order to offer an open and positive work environment. We want our team members to reach their own goals and dreams.
Who should apply for this job?
The person we hire will have great time-management and task management skills. This job will require excellence in the following sorts of work:
- Oversee all client management, including creating client files, scheduling appointments, assisting clients with general questions, mailing appropriate information to clients, and a lot of people interaction;
- Assist attorneys with pre-consult and engagement process during the educational meetings;
- Placing out-bound phone calls to our appointments for the next day, and confirming their attendance, sometimes reminding them about any missing documents or information that they’ll need to bring;
- Greeting clients and visitors to our office, both by telephone and in person, in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner (even if they don’t always reciprocate);
- Communicating politely, respectfully, and professionally, in a clear and concise manner, with our team members, our clients, and other professionals;
- Assembling documents and information in ways that make it useful to others;
- Performing other administrative duties, such as filing, photocopying, taking client payments, etc. (as needed) in an efficient and timely manner
- Responsible for keeping the office in tip-top shape by ordering office supplies, ensuring all items are restocked in conference room and lobby;
- Keep attorney calendars running smoothly;
- Completing other projects, as requested; and
- Assist with planning and organizing internal and external events.
Some of these tasks will need to be completed simultaneously and precisely. Therefore, the person we hire must have impeccable attention to detail.
The person we hire will be self-reliant. This person will ask questions but will never make excuses. Most importantly, the person we hire will be positive and possess a “can-do” attitude and generally can find a way to get something done.
Who should NOT apply for this job?
- If you were the student who needed mom and dad to remind you about your homework and your projects, this isn’t the job for you.
- If you need lots of direction, this isn’t the job for you.
- If you are already set in your ways and you aren’t willing to learn “our Way,” this isn’t the job for you.
- If you are a “whiner” or a “complainer” or a “know-it-all”, this isn’t the job for you.
- If you’re a problem adopter, and not a problem solver, or you’re more interested in fixing blame than in fixing problems, this isn’t the job for you.
- If you graduated high school or college and still don’t know the difference between “there”, “their”, and “they’re” or you use possessive pronouns instead of plurals, this isn’t the job for you.
How much money will this person make?
We are competitive in our pay and quality of life benefits. The person we hire will be able to earn a bonus awarded to the team as part of reaching goals. We have a company-matching retirement program that will be made available when you become eligible.
What types of hours will this person work?
Legacy Law Firm, P.C., is open Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Friday, we are open 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
How to Apply
If you wish to apply, submit a detailed resume as well as a cover letter including salary information to Felan Link at [email protected] telling us why you would “love to be your next rock-star team member.” The body of the cover letter (and any other documents you choose to submit) should explain your interest in our firm, any experience you have with estate planning, elder law, or business planning, your understanding of the requirements for this job, and your résumé.
Of course, all inquiries and applications will be received in the strictest of confidence, because we know that rock stars might currently be on tour with others while looking for a better gig.