Elder Law & Medicaid Planning
Medicaid Planning Attorneys in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The good news is that Americans are living longer than ever before. The bad news is that many of us will eventually require long-term care, which is very expensive. Elder law incorporates a wide range of practice areas, including long-term care planning, Medicaid planning, estate planning, asset protection and more. Our South Dakota elder law lawyers have extensive experience in all of these areas, and are committed to helping seniors and the people who love them manage the changes that come with growing older.
One of the primary goals of elder law is to help seniors find ways to pay for expensive long-term care. We don’t want to alarm you, but consider the following statistics:
• Nearly three out of every four people over the age of 65 will require long-term care at some point in their lives.
• The median cost of nursing home care in South Dakota for a private room was more than $82,000. In certain situations, nursing home care costs considerably more, and costs are expected to rise dramatically in the future.
• Many families exhaust their life savings within a year or two of a family member entering a nursing home.
At Legacy Law Firm, we can design a plan in advance to protect your assets in the event you or a loved one requires long-term care in the future. In addition, we can help you overcome what is known as a Medicaid planning crisis situation.
Elder law is complex, so having an elder law attorney who stays on top of the constantly evolving federal and state laws is essential. Our elder law attorneys help seniors and their families preserve independence, family assets and avoid spousal hardship. Protecting your values, your family, and your life savings is at the heart of what our elder law attorneys do.
People are often worried about running out of money and how to pay for the expense of nursing home care. We provide solutions and help you have peace of mind. Our initial meeting is free of charge, so contact us today to discuss your future or that of your spouse or parents.
Our elder law attorneys offer all of the following services and more:
– Medicaid Asset Protection Trusts
– Veterans Asset Protection Trusts
– Care Agreements
– Asset Protection Plans
– Medicaid Compliant Planning
– Benefits Planning
– Spend-down Avoidance Plans
– Medicaid Applications
– Qualified Income Trusts/Miller Trusts
– Irrevocable Trusts
– Promissory Notes
– Special Needs Planning
– Powers of Attorneys for Seniors
– Estate Planning for Seniors