Starting a Business
Sioux Falls Business Lawyers
Leading the Way for Your Business
Get your business on the right track, right away. When forming a new business, there are numerous considerations to make. Our Sioux Falls business attorneys don’t complicate the heck out of things, but we do make sure you do it right so that you are maximizing your future value, paying less in taxes, and laying a good foundation for asset protection planning so that you protect yourself and the wealth you are building.
We counsel business leaders and entrepreneurs to maximize the most of out of their business and their private wealth. From strategic formation to brand protection, corporate restructuring to business transitions and succession, we’ve got you covered.
What We Offer
- Innovative solutions that add value, efficiency, and budget predictability.
- Suite of pricing so you can select the package and services you want with value-based pricing so you know upfront how we price our services.
- Our Sioux Falls business lawyers collaborate with you to help find new ways to identify solutions and new business opportunities, across industries. We strive to be more than just lawyers, we are advisors bringing new ideas to light. We understand what keeps you up at night and work collaboratively to find practical and creative solutions, at the heart of business.
We create individualized plans for business owners tailored to their needs and the needs of their business. Once the business is up and running, we can help with annual obligations and planning opportunities. At Legacy Law Firm, P.C., our business attorneys and tax attorneys use cutting-edge legal and tax planning techniques to help guide our clients in making prudent business, financial and personal decisions. We can help you at start-up, succession, and every stage in between. In short, we can help you obtain the greatest possible return on your investment.
Our Services Include
- Business Formations of Limited Liability Companies, S-Corporations, C-Corporations, Partnerships and Limited Liability Partnerships
- Asset Protection Planning
- Business & Wealth Tax Planning
- Structuring Redemption Agreements, Option Contracts, Shareholder Agreements, Buy-Sell Agreements and Rights of Refusal
- Separating Ownership and Control
- Entity Status, Subchapter S Elections, Limited Liability Companies and Family Limited Partnerships
- Business Trusts and Real Estate Trusts
- Employee Ownership Structures
- Private Split-Dollar Arrangements and other Advanced Funding Mechanisms
- Succession Planning for Closely-Held Business Interest
- Board Structure and Governance Issues, before, during and after Intergenerational Transfers
- When and How to Sell Your Business
- Phantom Stock Plans, Deferred Compensation and Golden Parachute Plans
- Equitable Planning for Children Involved in the Business and Children Not Involved
Business Succession, Transitions & Exits
Business Tax & Asset Protection Planning
Business Transactions & Governance
Read Our Blog
We’re committed to providing value at every turn. Check out our blog page for helpful resources.